B&B Roadway Security Solutions is looking for a Business Development Executive to assist with the business growth in our McKinney, TX headquarters. BBRSS is an industry leader in product design and manufacturing of vehicle barrier systems used in the security and traffic management markets. ( )
Office personnel enjoy a productive work environment and competitive compensation/benefits program. Position is subject to a background check and drug test.
The Business Development Executive is primarily responsible for Government and Commercial sales including but not limited to U.S and Foreign military branches, Department of Homeland Security, etc. and Department of Transportation. This position will also focus on large construction General Contractors, System Integrators, and Installation and Service providers. The Business Development Representative will develop new accounts, maintain and cultivate existing accounts and help shape “go to market” strategies.
· Develop and facilitate the proposal process for Government Contracts/Bids and other large projects including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, and client presentations.
· Identify and qualify new business opportunities and secure key contracts.
Work with executive leadership to develop and establish sales
· Interface with Project Management, Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure a positive experience, customer satisfaction, and profit maximization.
· Work with Marketing to develop and utilize branding and sales strategies.
· Utilize the Company’s CRM to track, measure and analyze performance of the sales function, track leads, generate correspondence, etc.
· Develop and utilize systems to ensure sales goals are attained including prospecting, contract retention and developing action plans to attain results.
· Monitor buy-boards and utilize search tools to seek new business opportunities.
· Attend pre-sales meetings and make onsite sales presentations to bring contracts to a successful close.
· Develop strong relationships with key decision makers, influencers and partners within the territory.
· Successfully operate in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment without requiring a lot of overhead support.
· Learn and utilize in-house tools including the company CRM, RFQ form/process, and the sales bid review team to maximize individual, team and company results.
· Learn technical aspects of products to be able to represent the product exceptionally well.
· Learn and use the “Government Jargon” as appropriate. Understand the Government budget, buying cycle and contracting process.
· Coordinate activities and commitments with other business areas including sales, engineering and manufacturing.
· Follow-up with clients throughout the sales process to ensure customer satisfaction and prompt payment.
· Leverage internal and external content experts.
· Coordinate financial or insurance terms, conditions or requirements with the accounting/finance department.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering highly preferred.
· 5+ years’ Government sales experience with large, engineered durable goods, preferably in the security or traffic control industry. GSA or Military sector experience strongly preferred. A demonstrated track record of success leading large-scale business initiatives.
· MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Familiarity with contact management software.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent presentation, relationship building, negotiation and closing skills required.
· Sales experience in manufacturing, construction, or related products preferred.
· Strong technical aptitude (for products and systems).
· Prior or current military service strongly preferred.
· Ability to work in a demanding office environment hunting and managing multiple priorities, projects and clients. Heavy computer and phone use. Travel up to 50% of the time.
· Ability to obtain security clearance to access military bases and other controlled/secure environments.
· Compensation is competitive based upon experience and qualifications.
· United States (Required)
B&B Roadway and Security Solutions is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications are treated with the strictest confidence.